6. The only thing worse than being bad is being bad without a vision. Johnson never lacked vision as a player and he's off to a good start as an executive.
1. Meanwhile, in recent months mainland investors have been rapidly owning equity trading accounts and putting money into the stock market. The Shanghai Composite has become the region's best performing index, rising nearly 45 per cent year to date.
2. China does not want to see a trade war between the US and China. That would not make our trade fairer and cause loss for the both sides.
4. Lu also said high-quality hospitals will be built in Tongzhou and new towns in other suburban districts to attract downtown residents and ease traffic jams and other congestions in crowded downtown areas.
6. A fascinating study from researchers at the University of North Florida reveals that running barefoot may actually improve your memory more than running with shoes. While most memory studies seem to take place in a laboratory or room where everyone sits at a table, this experiment definitely introduced an interesting idea to the search for a better memory. The experiment focused on something called "working memory," which is the human ability to process information and recall details throughout life. The scientists published the results of their study in "Perceptual and Motor Skills," and found that running barefoot resulted in a not-insignificant memory boost when compared with memory performance after running with shoes. The researchers found that tossing your shoes off and running for about 16 minutes at a comfortable pace could result in a 16% improvement in working memory performance.
2. The total foreign trade volume between China and Germany reached 999.1 billion yuan (USD about 145.3 billion) in 2016, with a year-on-year growth of 2.6 percent, according to statistics released by China's General Administration of Customs.
5. NPLs rose from 1.25 per cent of total loans to 1.67 per cent by the end of 2015, amounting to Rmb1.27tn held by commercial banks.
6. 13. “Girlhood” (Céline Sciamma)
2. The excavators think the cemetery datesback around 1,700 years, to a time when Kucha was vital to controlling the Western Frontiers (Xiyu) of China. Since the SilkRoad trade routes passed through the Western Frontiers, control of this key region was important to China's rulers.
3. Benchmark oil prices dropped below $40 a barrel last week, the lowest level in six years, darkening investor sentiment towards commodity-linked companies and exporting countries including Brazil, Russia and South Africa.
LBS moves back to the top place, thanks in part to the highest salary, at $167,000, and being second best in value-for-money terms. The school is first for international course experience and second for alumni mobility.
The world's second-largest economy is catching up to traditional innovation front-runners, who were led again this year by Switzerland, Sweden, Britain and the United States, said the annual report by the U.N.'s World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), INSEAD Business School and Cornell University.